Thank you for your fantastic effort at tryouts this past weekend! The boys All -Net teams are listed below. Special thanks to the independent evaluators that selected our teams this season. Selecting teams is always very challenging so it was great to have several evaluators at each tryout.
Congratulations to the players that made the teams! Coaches will be contacting you regarding practice times within the next couple weeks.
Players that are not assigned to All-Net teams should attend the divisional evaluations on October 17th & 18th. Specific times are posted below.
Best of luck with your teams this season!
Palo Alto NJB All-Net Coordinator
Divisional evaluation times are below. All sessions will be held at JLS Middle School. Players are required to attend only one session. If you cannot make either session please email the appropriate player agents. Players on the waitlist are urged to go to tryouts in case they subsequently clear the list. These are not tryouts. Evaluation sessions are used to grade each players skills so that teams can be formed in a balanced manner.
Saturday- October 17th
Division 3 boys (3rd/4th grade) 9-1030 am (arrive by 8:45am)
Division 1 boys (7th/8th grade) 1045am- 1215pm (arrive by 10:30am)
Girls Divisions 1230-230pm
Division 2 Boys (5th/6th grad) 3-430pm (arrive by 2:45 pm)
Division 1 Boys (7th/8th graders) 9-1030am (arrive by 845am)
Division 3 Boys (3rd/4th grade) 1045am- 1215pm (arrive by 10:30am)
Division 2 Boys (5th/6th grade) 1230- 200pm (arrive by 12:15pm)
Girls Divisions 230-430pm
Boys D1- Menashe Elazar
Boys D2- Ed Dunn
Boys D3- Richard Ogawa
Girls- Ava Hahn
We are looking forward to another great season of NJB basketball. Here is a brief overview of the season with the registration link.
PA NJB is a 100% volunteer-run organization. Each year we need assistance from a large number of families to make the season a success.
As always, we will need coaches and assistant coaches for all the teams. We allow two people to team-up and coach together. Coaching will guarantee your child a spot on a team if we have a waitlist and you will also receive a $100 refund of your fees for being a head coach and $50 for an assistant coach.
We will need volunteers to help us run and set-up our upcoming all-net tryouts (Oct 3,4,5) and divisional evaluation sessions (Oct 17,18). These would be 2 hour slots. We will be sending out a sign-up sheet when we get closer to those dates. Volunteers will receive a $35 refund.
Potential gym shortage this year
As many of you know, Palo Alto High School has finally begun construction of new gym facilities and thus their athletes will be using other gyms this winter. Unfortunately for us that likely means a loss of gym space during the weekdays at the middle schools we’ve used such as JLS and Terman. We are looking at other gyms in town that we might use to help compensate for this. However, we probably won’t have a good handle on our gym situation for at least a couple more weeks. Until then we will be conservative on the number of kids we register before starting a waitlist. So please don’t be too alarmed if you end up on a waitlist. Hopefully the impact will end up being minimal but at this point we don’t know.
Palo Alto NJB hopes to continue running the programs that it has in the past. These include:
- Rookie League – Kindergarten through 2nd Grade clinics for our youngest boys and girls. Focus is on skill development, team concepts, and having fun! Cost is $320. Sessions run on Sat and Sun December through Feb. This program is subject to us finding adequate gym space as this was held at Paly last year.
- Divisional Leagues – Competitive teams are formed based on grade level. There are three divisions: Div 1 (7th/8th grade); Div 2 (5th/6th grade); Div 3 (3rd/4th grade). There are separate divisions for boys and girls. Teams will play against other Palo Alto teams as well as teams from other NJB chapters. There is no tryout for the divisional teams but we will hold evaluation sessions on Oct 17 and 18th in order to help create equal teams. All players who register and attend the assessment will be placed on a team (subject to gym availability — so register early!) Cost $420. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb.
- All-Net Teams – The top Palo Alto players in grades 5 through 8 will have the opportunity to represent the Palo Alto chapter in games against top players from other chapters. There will be a tryout on Oct 3,4,5 for the AllNet teams. Players who do not make an AllNet team will play on a Divisional team. AllNet Cost is the $420 Divisional fee plus a $300 AllNet surcharge. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb.
- High School League – High School players who are NOT playing for their High School team may form their own NJB team to play against other PA and non-PA NJB high school teams. There is no tryout or assessment. Cost $420. Practices begin in November, with games on Sundays Dec through Feb.
We are using the same registration system as last year so if you were registered you should already have an account set-up in the system to allow you to sign-up for one of the above programs. If you don’t have an account please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Create a new account — the account information you enter is for you, the parent.
- Step 2: (Optional) — add a 2nd parent to the account.
- Step 3: Add a child to the account.
- Step 4: Register the child for a program (K-2 clinic, Divisional/Allnet, High School).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for additional children.
- Step 5: Checkout and pay. We will only be accepting credit card payments. If you do not have a credit card, or need to apply for financial assistance, complete the registration through step 4, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Here is the link to register for this year.